Thoughts on Pagbabago (Change)
Last Saturday, I was asked by Boris Joaquin, speaker, pastor, consultant, and sometimes radio host, to guest on his show on Radyo Singko. The topic was change. I answered a few of the questions while on the show but I wanted to share some thoughts on the same topic.
- Ang pagbabago ay nangyayari sa loob bago nakikita sa labas (Change happens inside before it is seen on the outside)
– Change is like a seed that must grow its roots before breaking through the soil, growing tall, and finally bearing fruit. That’s why, when people ask me about what career changes they should make, I usually advice, stay where you are and work on your character and capabilities. This is also why faith is essential. Faith allows us to see God’s hand working in our hearts, a place no human eye can see, and this reassures us that as we commit to cultivating the right changes, the right fruit will come forth.
- Ang pagbabago ay hindi isang nakakamtam kundi isang pamumuhay (Change is not an achievement but a way of life)
– Change takes time and is a never ending process. We will constantly have to level up, adapt, improve, learn, discover, and grow, so we might as well embrace it. Man was not put on the Earth to get comfortable. Man was put on Earth to glorify God with lives laid-down in service.
- Puwede natin baguhin and sarili natin o mapuwersang magbago dahil sa pangyayri (We can either change ourselves or be changed by outside circumstances)
– Change is either self-imposed or externally-necessiated. Either way, we will be forced to change. This is an important thing to remember whenever we refuse to rock our own boats for the sake of progress. We might as well move to the next step on our own terms.
I’m sure there are more principles to change. These are the few I thought about. Hope they help encourage you to constantly change for the better.